Currently all studios are filled; a new Call for Applications will be issued when studio becomes available. If you are interested in renting a studio, then review the application to see if QVVP may be right for you.
details for emerging artisans
The Quidi Vidi Village Plantation is designed to accelerate the growth of new craft enterprises. The cooperative atmosphere of The Plantation, combined with its many opportunities for professional development, will strengthen one’s ability to build a successful career in craft. Studio artists participate in a series of workshops and training opportunities to develop their business skills and advance their creative techniques.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR APPLICATION – Please outline what your product will be (attach extra pages if necessary), also we need to see samples of your work; don’t be shy!
Individuals interested in having a studio at The Plantation will be invited to submit an application. To qualify, individuals must:
- be an emerging craftsperson – with design and technical craft skills, near the beginning of their craft career (no age restrictions apply)
- have at least the beginnings of a marketable craft product line
- be willing to participate in all activities provided as training and professional development
- want a full-time career as a professional craftsperson and who is willing to be in the studio working to achieve that goal for a minimum of 30 hours per week
- be a resident of Newfoundland and Labrador for the past six months.
Deadlines to submit an application will be published and advertised when studio space becomes available.
A selection committee comprised of professionals with a broad range of craft and business expertise review applications and select The Plantation craftspeople. Short listed applications will be invited to an interview at which time they can present their creative work and their business goals in person. All applicants are evaluated on the following criteria:
- technical skills, artistic ability, originality in design, and potential
- entrepreneurial spirit and long term goals in craft
- ability and comfort level working in view of the public
- commitment to be in their studios during public hours
Studio craftspeople at The Plantation are expected to be committed to advancing their creative and technical skills, as well as developing their business skills, and must be present and working in their studios for a minimum of 30 hours per week during public open hours.
send your completed application & samples to
anna templeton centre
278 Duckworth Street
St John’s, NL
Please note: Office hours at the Anna Templeton Centre are Monday – Friday, 8:30 – 4:30