Quidi Vidi Village Plantation has a Pop Up space available for your business!
Quidi Vidi Village Plantation (QVVP) is a craft incubator where craftspeople come to further their craft skills and grow their businesses. Each studio on the second floor also functions as a retail space. Last summer, QVVP attracted many locals and tourists, seeing an average of 260 people a day, which makes it a perfect place for you to get your products seen and purchased.
Keeping with the values of QVVP, our Pop Up Space is specifically for handmade craft. All products must show the “hand of the maker”. Examples include (but are not limited to) ceramics, textiles, printing, and woodworking. Please refer to the Craft Council of Newfoundland and Labrador Standards of Quality listed on their website.
The Pop Up Space is available Wednesday – Saturday 10:00 am – 4:00 pm + Sunday 11:00 am – 4:00 pm. Note – hours are subject to change depending on the time of year. Studios are available to rent on weekly basis only (Wednesday – Sunday).
What it includes:
- A designated studio space approximately 120 square feet
- A table and chair(s)
- Promotion on social media for your pop up at QVVP
- Commercial liability insurance
- Lots of visitors!
- Craftspeople must have previous market experience (i.e. Farmer’s Market, Some Good Market, Etsy Market, etc.)
- Daily rate of $40.00 + HST and 15% savings for a week rental (Wednesday – Sunday) (weekly total $170.00 + HST)
- Payment will be due upon approval of your application
- Craftspeople are responsible for set up and tear down (to take place outside of open public hours – must be agreed upon time between craftsperson and coordinator)
- Craftspeople must abide by the open public hours at QVVP, and be present to sell your products (the artisans at QVVP are not responsible for selling/watching your product)
- Pop-up studios are only available for use during open public hours.
- Craftspeople are responsible for taking their own payments (i.e. Square, cash, etc.)
- NO FOOD SALES unless pervious arrangements have been made with the QVVP.
To apply, please complete the online form or download the form and submit.
- Minimum of 3 high quality images of your product
- High quality image of yourself (optional – to be used for social media promotion)
You can email your application to email@example.com or drop off in person to Quidi Vidi Village Plantation, 10 Maple View Place, St. John’s. If you drop off your application in person, please send pictures digitally. If you have any questions about the application, you can call QVVP at (709) 570-2038.
Please note that acceptance for a temporary Pop Up Shop does not imply nor in any way influence eligibility for a more permanent studio space at QVVP.