The Quidi Vidi Village Plantation is currently accepting applications for emerging craftspeople to fill studios becoming available throughout 2021. If you are starting to build to a craft business and feel you could benefit from a creative environment, working alongside other craftspeople, and talking to the public, then a studio at the Quidi Vidi Village Plantation could be the right fit.
IMPORTANT NOTES FOR APPLICATION
To qualify, individuals must:
- be an emerging craftsperson – with design and technical craft skills, near the beginning of their craft career (no age restrictions apply)
- have at least the beginnings of a marketable craft product line
- be willing to participate in all activities provided as training and professional development
- want a full-time career as a professional craftsperson and be willing to be in the studio working to achieve that goal for a minimum of 30 hours per week
A selection committee comprised of professionals with a broad range of craft and business expertise review applications and select The Plantation craftspeople. Short listed applications will be invited to an interview at which time they can present their creative work and their business goals in person. All applicants are evaluated on the following criteria:
- technical skills, artistic ability, originality in design, and potential
- entrepreneurial spirit and long term goals in craft
- ability and comfort level working in view of the public
- commitment to be in their studios during public hours
Studio craftspeople at The Plantation are expected to be committed to advancing their creative and technical skills, as well as developing their business skills, and must be present and working in their studios for a minimum of 30 hours per week during public open hours.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org